Saturday, April 17, 2010

To: River Fr: Your mom

Dear River,

I'm sitting here at home taking it easy and thinking about you and your future life with us. I know I'm going to get to meet you very soon and I can't help but feel a mix of emotions. I feel nervous, excited, scared, happy, but most of all I just feel love. I love you to the moon and back. I'm going to try my hardest to be the best mom to you. I want nothing but the best things for you. I know life won't always be easy and you will face many struggles, but through all those struggles I hope you learn to be a be a better person. Life is definitely not always fair, but if you learn an important lesson from each hardship it will only make you a stronger, more well-rounded individual. Your dad and I have so much love to give you. I know you are going to learn sooo much from your dad. He's so full of knowledge and sees the world through a different lens than most people. He will open your mind and teach you to question and explore, not just take things for what they appear to be on the surface. I can't wait for you to meet him, he may not realize it yet but he is going to be an amazing dad!


I just heard a song on tv by a band called Coldplay....maybe someday you will appreciate their music. The song is called "Fix You" and as I listened to it, tears came streaming down my face because it reminded me of you. I want you to hear this song someday and know that I will always be here to FIX YOU should you ever need a hand to hold or a shoulder to cry on. You will always be my baby, even when you have kids and a family of your own! This song is for you....


No comments:

Post a Comment