Wednesday, December 2, 2009

16 week check up

This is officially my first post. I was very slow in getting this thing going. It took a while to really set in that , Yes! we are having a baby. So without further ado, here is my blog......

Yesterday was our 16 week check up and everything is looking great so far! It's just amazing to look back at the sonogram picture from a month ago. The baby has just about tripled in size! The doctor got a good picture of the heart and said that our baby has a very strong heart <3 It's always relieving to hear things like that. She also gave us the pre-liminary results of our genetic testing and we only have a 1 in 10,000 chance that they baby will have down syndrome or trysomy 18, which is great news, yipee!!!

So this was the appointment I was really hoping we would find out the sex of the baby. I had been counting down the days.....But I guess the baby wasn't ready for us to know just yet. The doctor said his/her legs were crossed and she couldn't get a clear picture. We'll have to wait another couple of weeks until we get the anatomy scan done. I'm sooo excited about the sonogram for the anatomy scan because we can bring a blank VHS (yes, VHS!) and record the whole thing. Good thing we still have an old VCR that still works! They did say that Walgreens can convert the VHS into a DVD. I can't wait to show everyone our little one in action ;)

I'll try to scan our sonogram pictures tonight and also get E.Scott to take a picture of my belly. It really popped out over the last week!!

3 comments:

  1. OMG OMG!!! I love this little blog Amber!! I'm so excited for this little one to come into the world. I'm so happy for you and E and this child is going to be surrounded by such love!! Love you guys so much!! XOXO - Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really great! Congrats! Thanks for sharing the pics and the story! God Bless and Love from Aunt Gin & Uncle Mike in Kerrville, TX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for keeping us in the loop! I'm so excited about this precious little baby coming into all of our lives! There is nothing better than a baby!
    I can't wait to be there every step of the way!
    I love you both ;-)
    Susan and Chris

    ReplyDelete